Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The New Love of Our Lives!

We didn't want a Christmas baby, so we decided to be induced on December 22. (Although, I think he would have come that day anyway.) We kept thinking he would be early on his own because he had been acting like it for months now. But, he didn't and in we went on the 22. 

Last pregnant photo, 39 weeks and 1 day! Off to the hospital!

I am going to try and keep this short and not too detailed, but no promises! We got to St. Marks Hospital at 8:30 AM. They checked us in and set me up in the labor and delivery room. They finished the paper work and hooked up the IV. Almost right away, my doctor, Dr. Yamashiro, came in an broke my water. They added pitocin to my IV line. Things were moving a long great. They had to turn the pitocin down because I was progressing really well on my own. I actually went longer then I thought I would without an epidural. (Aaron and I were a little shocked!) At around 7:00 PM I was finally at a 10 and started pushing. I got a rhythm down really fast and didn't mind pushing at all. After an hour, my doctor came in and explained that the baby's head was facing to my right and couldn't get passed my pelvis. He had tried to turn it a couple of times but he would just put his head right back. He said that I could keep pushing for another hour or call it and do a c-section. However, if after another hour, we were still at the same point he was going to call it. I decided to keep pushing, so I did for another 45 minutes. I asked if there was any change, and there wasn't. So I called it and decided to have a c-section. As soon as I said it, no time was wasted, and they left to get the room ready. I had Aaron, Dad and Bryant give me a blessing. Aaron suited up and they came in and wheeled me to the operating room. (Side story...while being wheeled in the bed, I asked where the E.R. music was. They all laughed and started talking about why they can't watch hospital shows. So I started humming the theme!) They drugged me up some more and got everything ready. Aaron sat next to me and held my hand but wanted to watch and they told me he could so he stood....still holding my hand. Within minutes, I heard crying and they brought him over for me to see really quick and then took him to the warmer, which I made Aaron go with him. (Aaron's job once he was born was to stay with him the whole time.) Once he was cleaned up, Aaron brought him over to me and sat next to me. I couldn't believe how fast the nurses and doctors worked. The next thing I knew we were back in the labor and delivery room. My whole family was there (except Elisha, who had to work).I loved having them there, except they all held him before I did. Aaron could tell I was getting upset and finally was able to get him back and brought him right over. As soon as he was in my arms I started crying. He just looked at me. Started to look at his hands and was rubbing one, when he grabbed my finger and wouldn't let go! That's when I started weeping. I couldn't believe that after 7 years, he was finally here and in my arms already showing affection for me! Here are some pictures. (Everything happened so fast that we forgot to bring the camera with is in the operating room.)

Me after pushing for 1 hour and 45 minutes and having made the decision to have a c-section.

Samuel Aaron Sperry

7 lbs. 15 ozs.

21.5 inches long

December 22, 2011 8:05 PM

We had a lot of visitors while we were in the hospital! Unfortunately we didn't get pictures of everyone, we were so overwhelmed and over the moon that it wasn't always a thought. 

Sam and Aunt Elisha

Sam and Uncle Quinn

Sam and Grandpa Brown

Sam and Uncle Bryant

Sam and Nana Brown

Sam and Mommy the next day. (I look more tired the 2nd day then the first!)

Sam is already a Mamma's boy! :)

Sam and the proud Daddy!

Jena came and took hospital pictures and I can't wait to see them!

Sam and Pappas

Sam with Mammas and Pappas

3 generations!
Sam and Mammas

Our first family photo and first Christmas!

All buddled up and getting use to being home.

I think he likes it with us!
Sam and Daddy sleeping! Already best friends!
We have truly been blessed and couldn't ask for a better baby. We really feel the Lord has blessed us with such a good baby because we had to wait for 7 years! He eats and sleeps really well! At night he sleeps for 5 to 6 hours without waking up to eat. (And letting me sleep!) When he is awake and not eating, he is very alert and has to know what is going on around him. My favorite thing is, when he is crying all I have to do is pick him up and he stops.

So that was not really short, sorry! And I feel like I am leaving things out!



Daisypath Anniversary tickers